Basketball Dimensions has established itself as one of New England’s finest “teaching” camps. The camp has set specific goals, and with the dedication of the camp staff we will do our best everyday to do the following:
- Develop the fundamentals of shooting, passing, screening, pivoting and fast break.
- Develop the offensive awareness of each player through drilling, team practice, and game competition.
- Develop team-oriented defense using a building approach bringing players from individual skills to five man defensive play.
- Involve all players in positive, competitive situations in order to develop their desire to excel and improve.
- Encourage all campers to have fun, make friends, and enjoy themselves, but most of all to learn and improve their skills.
- To provide extra individual help prior to and after the camp day to any individuals seeking it.
Wheaton College is a prestigious liberal arts college located in Norton, Massachusetts. It is located 15 miles north of Providence and 35 miles southeast of Boston. It is easily accessible off of highway 495 (1 mile off exit 10).
The camp will be held inside the $12 million Haas Athletic Center. The indoor facilities at Wheaton are considered one of the best in New England! We offer six fiberglass baskets and two full courts in our gymnasium. We also offer three additional full courts in our adjacent field house. Our Olympic size swimming pool is also located in Haas.
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE
9:00 Attendance and Flexibility
9:15 Stations (Work on fundamentals of individual offense, agility, dribbling and ball handling, defense, post play, rebounding, shooting, passing and fast break)
10:30 Games* / Free Throws / Shooting Drills
11:15 Free Throws / Games / Shooting Drills
12:00 Swim Time / Lunch
12:45 Trivia and Contests
1:30 Ball Handling Drills and Team Contest
2:00 Games* / One on One Play
3:00 Dismissal / Extra Individual Help
*Teams and leagues are selected prior to start of camp. Three to four leagues are created by grade level dependent on the size of the camps.